Saturday, January 15, 2011

Laughing in your sleep

So, nobody told me that you can't interact with your kid until they are much older.

I am looking forwards to  playing with my baby when she can interact with her environment.

At the moment, the most fun I can have with her is holding her, and watching as she laughs in her sleep.
This isn't some little giggle, either, this is a full blown, hilarious laugh!

But she only does it when she is sleeping.  I wonder what a baby finds to be so amusing.

I read in the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting" that babies can dream while they are in the womb.  What would they dream about?  What experiences can they draw from to dream of?  I'm guessing that they would dream of floating, but this could lead to some strange things, where a baby could come to question their reality (that is, if they understood the concept of questioning their reality...). 

See, if you are dreaming that you are floating, and you wake up, and are floating, how do you distinguish when you are dreaming or awake?

I think I now understand why babies are so angry with the world for their first few weeks, and have incessant crying.  Who knew newborns were confused philosophers upon emerging from the womb!

But seriously, these laughs and smiles are fun and cute, and I am really looking forwards to the time when I can do something to generate a smile or laughter from her.

-Sparky

1 comment :

  1. Hey Sparky...
    The site looks great! I just wanted to add something on the baby laughing thing because this also fascinates me. I don't know if it's just my baby, but she has a tendency to laugh to herself right before she is about to fall asleep. It's almost as if she is in on the greatest inside joke of all-time... and I want in on it too. But it's cool, someday when she and I are talking I'll get to ask her what that sleepy laugh thing was all about. Maybe she'll tell me I do the same thing??

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments inspire me to keep doing this! Please share this article or Blog if you enjoyed reading it. Remember, using the Links helps support my family. -Sparky